Do you ever have a hard time jump-starting your blogging juices after having not posted for a while (or, as is the case here, posting quite sporadically)? I'm in that place right now. Over the last two and a half months I have been home more than any other time in my career. And yet I have managed to write only 8 blog posts in that time. (If you're not following me on Twitter yet, I would strongly suggest you start there if you REALLY want to stay current with me!) What have I been doing with my time?? Well, in an effort to get caught back up with my readers and back on track, here's an attempt at a brief summary of what's been distracting me from blogging:
- If you don't know this one already you are just as guilty as I am, 'cause I've been posting about this new addition a lot: our son Liam was born on December 4th and he's been a BLAST!
- Erin's parents were here for about two weeks over Christmas to help out with Liam. Thank-you Grandma and Grandpa Robinson!
- We started casting Liam's left foot when he was just over 3 weeks old to correct a clubfoot. 5 weeks and 5 casts later things are looking great and he's in his brace now. He looks like a skater!
- 3 days after the first cast was put on Liam contracted RSV which put us in Vanderbilt Children's Hospital with him for 6 days.
- my parents came for 10 days the end of January to meet Liam for the first time and help out around the house (they cooked for us the whole time we were here... come back, mom!!).
- Thanks to the good people at Joffe MediCenter and the great work of Dr. Kenny Smith, I had corrective laser eye surgery the end of January. I am still recovering from the surgery but would do it again in a heartbeat.
- I have started writing my first book (other than this blog post). More to come on that in future posts...